Five Bold Predictions for the 2017-18 NHL Season
With the NHL season kicking off tonight, it’s time to make my annual bold predictions. My bold picks are as follows:
1) Kailer Yamamoto leads all rookies in scoring. The 5’8″ player would have had no hope of making an NHL roster 5-10 years ago, but in today’s NHL, smaller players are showing up more and more often. He is on a talented team, and it looks like he will get top 6 minutes.
2) Jake Allen be the most valuable goalie this year. Allen will be this year’s breakout goalie, and will be the reason why the Blues contend for a playoff spot.
3) Patrik Laine will score 50 goals. Not a single player hit 50 last year, but Laine hit 36 in his rookie season, this year he will add at least 14 more.
4) Three Defencemen will finish in the top 25 in standard fantasy scoring, and none of the three will be Erik Karlsson.
5) Connor McDavid will not lead the league in scoring. McDavid will miss some time this year and will ultimately cost him the Art Ross this year.